Sherwin O’Riordan is a firm of specialist solicitors who bring their knowledge, experience, and understanding to every legal issue. Our clients value our practical approach and trust us to deliver highly effective and tailored advice. We look for trainee solicitors who are not only capable but eager to learn how they can apply their knowledge to deliver the highly effective and tailored advice our clients have come to expect.
Our Trainee Solicitor Programme has been designed to provide you with as much opportunity as possible and gives you hands-on practical experience from day one. Rotations across dedicated practice areas will give you direct exposure to a wide range of clients and allow you to fully engage in interesting and challenging projects. You will work as part of a team with more experienced partners and solicitors. Not only will you enhance your expertise and gain experience, you will also be better able to decide what area of the law most appeals to you before you qualify.
You need to have the academic ability required for the role, but you equally need to be highly motivated and work effectively independently and collaboratively. You will learn to understand the business, personal and legal challenge that the client is facing and identify the possible solutions available. We expect our trainees to constantly deliver exceptional service and high quality, practical legal advice.
- An undergraduate degree - preferably in law and evidence of a high academic standard attained throughout university
- A genuine passion for law
- A strong interest in business and the ability to demonstrate real commercial awareness
- Strong analytical ability – can distil complex problems into key components
- A common sense and solution focused approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Evidence of your ability to multi-task
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as an integral part of a team
- The ability to fit in with the culture of our practice
How to apply
The 2018 application process for our Trainee Programme is now open. The selection process is as follows:
- Submit your application: Send your CV and short covering letter to the firm
- Initial Interview: This 30-minute preliminary interview is with the Trainee Administrator
- Follow-up Interview: During this interview, you will meet with two Partners from different practice areas