Intellectual property, Passing Off and IT disputes
SOR maintains an experienced and focused intellectual property practice. Our clients receive not only the benefit of this practice area but also the broad-based advice of practitioners in related legal fields.
Our IP practitioners are highly experienced and qualified to advise and represent clients on matters relating to patents, trade secrets, trademarks, and copyrights, including the acquisition, use, licensing, and enforcement of intellectual property rights.
Intellectual Property Disputes Lawyers Dublin
Successful businesses are built upon a strong workforce, talented leadership and a competitive product or service. It is the latter of this combination of resources that is often under the greatest threat. Businesses will in most instances have taken steps to protect their intangible assets by applying for intellectual property rights, i.e. by seeking trademark protection for their brand or patenting a particular process or product. However, mere possession of these intellectual property rights may not always be sufficient to ward off aggressive competitors, who may threaten or challenge the scope of protection afforded by intellectual property law. When facing an IP dispute, it is vital to speak to specialist IP solicitors, who can assist with the protection and enforcement of these valuable rights.
Our expertise includes:
- Advising on intellectual property issues arising out of joint ventures, technology transfer and other commercial arrangements
- Advising on issues arising out of the internet, information technology and e-commerce generally
- Advising clients on all aspects of trade mark and brand protection
- Advising on copyright issues
- Drafting documents for the protection of confidential information and commercial secrets
- Advising in disputes involving disclosure and/or use of trade secrets and confidential know-how
- Dealing with issues arising out of computer contracts including sale of hardware and software licensing
We offer much more than simply legal advice. We are business advisors who offer practical, business-savy legal advice.
Our solicitors work closely with our clients to gain a full understanding of their business. This allows us to become an integral part of the business and to offer valuable, actionable advice.
Who we Represent
Our clients range from multi-national corporations to closely-held local businesses. We serve the needs of companies across Ireland, in an assortment of industries, including:-
- Healthcare products and services
- Financial services (banks, broker-dealers, insurance companies, investment companies and investment advisers)
- Software and IT
- Food and Beverage
- Professional services
Advised a design and production business on an intellectual property infringement
Advised a business on the licencing and assignment of intellectual property created and the best ways to protect same
Advising on the protection of intellectual property for a theatre musical production
Meet your team